Last Updated: July 2, 2021
1. Collecting Your Personal Information
2. How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your information for a number of purposes including:
- to provide you with our Services that you request, such as to facilitate the transfer of your biological sample(s) to the laboratories for analysis;
- to assist you with your questions about our Services;
- to contact you about the administration of any functions of the Site or Services that you use;
- to respond to subsequent requests you may make of us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to resolve disputes, investigate and help combat spam, malware, malicious activities or security risks;
- to notify you of any changes to our Site, Services, or policies;
- to use your de-identified information to help us administer, support, and improve our business;
- for healthcare operations;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- for any other purpose which are reasonably necessary to provide the Services that you have requested or consented to.
We have not disclosed or sold any personal information to third parties for a business or commercial purpose in the preceding twelve (12) months. We will not sell personal information in the future belonging to website visitors, users and other consumers.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
4. Storing Your Personal Information
5. Do Not Track Disclosure
6. Data Security
We follow industry standards on information security technologies and procedures to help protect your sensitive information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure your personal data on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When sensitive information is collected on our Site and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. However, no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. Even though we strive to provide the most secure environment for the processing of your personal data, we cannot completely rule out the possibility of unauthorized access, use or disclosure. In the case of such a personal data breach, we will inform the competent supervisory authority without undue delay and act swiftly to address the situation. If the personal data breach is likely to harm you, we will also inform you about the personal data breach without undue delay.
7. Children’s Privacy
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. In addition, the Services are not directed to individuals under 18 years of age, and we request that they not provide Personal Information through the Services. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 18 years of age. If we learn that Personal Information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will take steps to immediately delete that information.
8. Information for California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. The California Code of Regulations defines a “resident” as:
- every individual who is in the State of California for other than a temporary or transitory purpose and;
- every individual who is domiciled in the State of California who is outside the State of California for a temporary or transitory purpose.
This section describes how we collect, use and share Personal Information of California residents online and offline in our capacity as “business” under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and their rights with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the CCPA but does not include information exempted from the scope of the CCPA. This section does not apply if we do not collect any Personal Information about you, or if the Personal Information we collect is not subject to the CCPA (for example, CCPA does not apply to the protected health information governed by HIPAA). We may have collected the following statutory categories (as defined by CCPA) of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- identifiers such as name, address, unique personal identifier, email address, phone number, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers;
- personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statue, such as name, signature, address telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or medical information. (Some Personal Information included in this category may overlap with other categories).
- protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as gender, age, race, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), genetic information, and medical condition);
- commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction on the Site; and
- inferences such as information about your interests, preferences, and favorites, and the “profile” we create with such information.
- Right Against Discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know: You have the right to request access to the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you during the twelve (12) months before your request.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request us to delete any Personal Information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
You may request a notice from us describing what categories of Personal Information (if any) we have shared with third parties during the preceding calendar year. You may request such notice once a year and free of charge. In accordance with California law, we take reasonable precautions to verify the identities of those California residents submitting CCPA requests, or to learn more about how their Personal Information is processed. Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. To make a CCPA request, please send us an Email at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “California Shine The Light Request” so that we can process your request. Upon receiving your request, we will need to verify your identity to determine you are the same person about whom we have the information in our system. These verification efforts require us to ask you to provide information so that we can match it with information you have previously provided us. For example, we may ask you to provide certain information so that we can match the information you provide with the information we already have stored. We may contact you through a communication method (e.g. phone or email) that you have previously provided to us. We may also use other verification methods as where applicable.
9. Geographical Restriction
Unless expressly and specifically stated otherwise on the Site, the Site and Services are intended for use solely within the United States and is directed to users solely located in the United States. We make no representation that the Site and Services are appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States or all territories within the United States. Those who choose to access the Site from other locations are responsible for compliance with local laws. We reserve the right to limit, in our sole discretion, the provision of any feature, product, or service to any person from other geographic areas.
10. Contact Us