- Cholesterol – A fat-like substance that is produced in our body and obtained from some foods. It is transported around the body in two kinds of lipoproteins – HDL and LDL. Reduced “good” HDL-cholesterol or excess “bad” LDL-cholesterol leads to cholesterol accumulation in the arteries, resulting in narrowed or blocked blood vessels.
- Triglycerides – Obtained from the digestion and breakdown of fats in food and making up the majority of fat deposits in the body. Excess triglycerides contribute to obesity and heart disease.
- C-reactive protein (CRP) – A substance produced by the liver that increases during an inflammatory response. Elevated CRP levels can lead to heart disease.
- Lipoprotein(a) – A type of lipoprotein similar to “bad” LDL. It is rich in cholesterol and excess levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
DNA Cardiovascular Health Test
|ANGPTL4, APOA5, FADS1, GALNT2, HNF4A, LIPG, MMAB||Reduced “good” HDL-cholesterol|
|CETP, LCAT, LIPC, LPL||Elevated “good” HDL-cholesterol|
|APOB, FADS1, LDLR, NCAN, PCSK9, SORT1, SUGP1||Reduced “bad” LDL-cholesterol|
|HMGCR, HNF1A, TRIB1||Elevated “bad” LDL-cholesterol|
|CRP, GCKR||Elevated C-reactive protein (CRP)|
|APOA5, FADS1, GALNT2, GCKR, NOS3, TRIB1||Elevated triglycerides|
|ANGPTL3, LPL, MLXIPL, NCAN||Reduced triglycerides|
|9p21||Decreased control of cell proliferation|
- Private label: Blank kits and supplies that you can use to provide services under your own company name
- Genovate label: Genovate-branded kits and supplies
Just require this test? Click here to return to the Genovate Consumer site to order this test directly